I’ll be honest – as much as I love it, it is rare if I EAT breakfast now-a-days. Usually I drink my breakfast. Why? Because I am completely and totally obsessed with this peanut butter banana smoothie, and I drink one every single morning. It’s quick and easy, filling, and delicious – what every good breakfast should be, right?
SO let’s get to the important details – this smoothie has a whole fresh banana in it, which chocks a nutritional punch with vitamin B6 and is a good source of manganese, vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, biotin, and copper. The peanut butter in this smoothie contains protein, as well as potassium which lowers the risk of high blood pressure, stroke and heart disease. It contains fibre which is great for your bowel health, healthy fats, magnesium for bone and muscle strength, Vitamin E, and antioxidants! The almond milk contains vitamins like calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc, and the greek yogurt boasts a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals, as well as healthy probiotics and nourishing protein. PHEW.
The moral of this story is – this smoothie is GOOD for you! Drink up!
- 1 fresh, ripe banana
- 1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter (you can also substitute PB2 or do half & half)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk (or whichever type of milk you prefer)
- 3/4 cup of ice (1 cup if your cubes are large)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.