Thank you to Mint and Birch for partnering with me for this post. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.
On July 22, 2013 I became a mother, and my life forever changed. My daughter was born earlier than anticipated, and not at all in the way I had planned or imagined, but she was healthy and perfect, and I was officially a mama. Our Bee turns 3 this summer, and while parenting is not all sunshine and roses and I have to practice extreme patience sometimes, it is the most incredible journey I have ever been on. Every day I find joy, especially in the 15 little things I love about being a mom.
- My kisses magically take pain away and heal boo-boos. No matter what!
- For the first time in my life, I have the answer for everything, and I am always trusted as a resource. This is why I am very sure not to lie to my daughter. Her trust means the world to me.
- My arms are a place of safety and comfort. When Bee is tired or sad, or when she just wants a cuddle, she heads for a hug from her mama.
- I always have someone to hang out with! Motherhood can feel lonely sometimes, but you always have someone cute to hang out with, at least.
- My daughter makes me want to be better, and do better. I want to be healthy, smart, and kind so I can inspire her to be healthy, smart, and kind.
- Watching Bee learn new things, and seeing how proud of herself she is (as I am) when she achieves her goals.
- I am always laughing. Bee is SO funny and says and does the silliest things so her dad and I are just constantly laughing with her. She loves to make us laugh!
- Seeing the things my daughter does and says when she thinks no one is watching. She sings to herself, and says the sweetest things to her toys. It warms my heart.
- Caring for someone else above myself. Before I had her I was my number one priority. Now she is. If she finishes her chocolate milk and wants more, mama gives hers up. That’s just how it goes now! And it makes me happy to sacrifice in this way I never imagined possible.
- Reading together. Bee loves to lay with me and listen to me read books. She also loves to read books to me, too.
- Having a little helper. She may not be a pro at cooking or cleaning yet, but I still let her help me because she LOVES to, and I think it’s so sweet. Together we cook and clean, and she learns about life, caring for things, and food.
- Getting special cards and pictures drawn just for me. They mean the world to me. I can’t wait to look at them together when my daughter is older.
- Sharing our bed with our little one. She kicks us like crazy, she ends up sideways all the time, and oh man, our bed has never felt smaller.. BUT I know she won’t sleep with us forever so I cherish every second she needs to in order to feel safe and comfortable right now.
- That sweet, high-pitched voice saying and asking for “mama” all day long.
- The sisterhood of motherhood. I have been able to connect with so many amazing women online because of being a mom. They’ve inspired and supported me, and made me feel like I wasn’t alone, even if I was physically. That is a connection I will forever cherish.
I am so proud to be a mom. It is without a doubt the job I was destined to do. I cannot wait to add to our family because my biggest joy in life so far is raising my child, and I definitely want to do it all over again. I wear my hand crafted Mint and Birch necklaces proudly. There is no greater honour for me than being called mama, so my hand stamped ‘mama’ bar necklace is a daily favourite. And carrying my little nest around my neck with me means my little girl is always with me, even if she isn’t physically at that moment. You too can customize your nest to choose the amount of eggs nesting within it, and what colours they are! I am looking forward to the day that I can order a nest with 2 eggs.
What little things do you love most about being a mom?