I’m a little weird, guys.
I have this odd opinion that if a dish is easy or quick to prepare that it somehow isn’t a real recipe. That is weird, right? I mean, the Dictionary definition of recipe clearly states:
1. a set of instructions for preparing a particular dish, including a list of the ingredients required.
So by that definition, even if it is quick or easy to prepare, it’s still a recipe! And now that I have accepted that, I am going to be bringing you guys some delicious foods that it never even dawned on me to share because they were so simple. Like today’s Avocado Salad Lettuce Wraps!
When you’re doing the Whole 30 challenge you have to get creative so you can enjoy foods you used to enjoy, just a little differently and better for you! These wraps are no exception. I love tuna and chicken salad sandwiches, wraps, and melts. But if you take out the cheese, mayonnaise, and bread, all you have left is the tuna or chicken!
The best part about these is that they have a little bit of a Mexican bite to them, so they’re very flavourful, and with the avocado, full of good fats and very filling. These wraps are the perfect Whole 30 approved lunch. And as usual with Mexican style foods, the squeeze of lime tops it all off perfectly, so don’t forget the lime!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 can of tuna, drained or 1/2 cup of shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 lime
- Add your tuna/chicken and spices to a bowl. Squeeze half a lime's worth of juice in.
- In a separate bowl, mash your avocado well. Add to tuna/chicken and spices. Mix well.
- Remove 3 sprigs of romaine lettuce from a head and wash. Pat to dry, and cut off any yucky ends.
- Spoon tuna/chicken avocado mixture into romaine sprigs.
- Serve with other 1/2 of lime for squeezing!