WHAT I’VE LEARNED
- I still really miss popcorn and soda.
- I crave fruit now, which is something I don’t ever remember happening in my life.
- It’s tough to go to social events, you have to prepare. When I went to a blogging conference I had to email ahead and ask about the food due to my dietary concerns. Then I packed my own snacks. Totally do-able, but the mini poutines the servers were taking around the room looked SO GOOD. Why do all social events seem to revolve around food?
- I don’t miss milk or even grains. I just miss dessert, soda (well, ginger ale really), and junk food snacks. My meals are so satisfying that I don’t crave much else besides those things.
- It’s VERY hard to find trail mixes that don’t have added sugar in them. I’ve learned that a lot of dried fruits have added sugars!
WHAT I’VE EATEN
I still eat eggs pretty much every day. I’ve been doing a few veggies pan fried to go with the eggs this week, such as mushrooms, asparagus, onions, broccoli. Sometimes I add chopped bacon to that, or I just eat bacon as normal. I didn’t make any hash browns this week, but those are always delicious to pair with eggs. I also pan fry avocado slices, SO good.
Snacks are almost always nuts or fruit, but I still don’t snack often. Meals are fulfilling enough for me for the most part.
I made this delicious bacon butternut squash soup one day for lunch, and it, along with most of the dinners I made through the week, gave me leftovers for my lunches all week long. I love making extra dinner so lunch is always ready for the next day.
I made a crock pot pork roast one day this week, spaghetti squash noodles with ground chicken pasta sauce, and a whole roasted chicken (for the first time ever, which was a lot easier than I thought!). I seasoned a LOT of things with this amazing ranch spice mix. That spice on the roast chicken was better than any chicken I’ve ever had! That spice mix is legit, I’ll be making more of it for sure, as I used it all up pretty quick!
I didn’t make any desserts this week.
HOW I’M FEELING
I feel great! I had a couple days where my tummy felt off, but it’s apparently normal as my body adjusts to the big changes in my diet. I haven’t had a headache in over two weeks, which is INSANE and unheard of in my life. That alone is worth all of this! You aren’t supposed to weigh or measure yourself until your challenge is over, so I don’t know if I’ve lost any weight, but I feel really good, and I’m looking forward to sharing my week three re-cap with you next week!
If you’ve done the Whole 30 challenge, did you experience any side effects as a result of the withdrawl your body went through?