This buffalo chicken dip is my go to recipe when having people over. Not only does it taste EXACTLY like a buffalo wing, but it’s so delicious it isn’t even funny. It’s also a snap to make.
The first time I tried this dip was when my aunt made it for my dad’s 50th birthday. I got the recipe from her immediately. Chicken wings are one of my favourite foods, but they’re SO bad for you it’s crazy, so I’m always trying to find ways to replicate their flavour with way less calories. For example, my Buffalo Chicken Soup. I love the tangy, spicy flavour of hot sauce, mixed with the carrots and celery that would normally arrive on the side of your chicken wing basket.
I originally posted this dip in 2013, but I have updated it to be a lot lighter/better for you. The good news is that it’s just as delicious as the less light version – I promise. And your husband will never know that it is a light version when he’s munching on it with his buddies for Super Bowl Sunday! Or if you’re like me you can indulge in a little snack whenever you get a craving for wings that won’t tank your entire healthy lifestyle.
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- 1 package of light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of hot sauce (I like Franks buffalo wing sauce)
- 1/4 cup of light ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Shred the 2 chicken breasts.
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized pot over medium to low heat.
- Frequently stir ingredients until the cheese has melted, the ingredients have blended together, and the dip is warm. I recommend a quick taste test to ensure levels of all ingredients are up to your standards. This will also let you know if it is warm enough or not. Once it is, add it to a nice serving dish or bowl.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley, chopped green onions, or some crispy bacon or blue cheese crumbles. Serve with celery, other chopped veggies, crackers, pretzels, or pita, plain, or nacho chips. To re-heat simply add contents back to pot and frequently stir over medium heat until warm again.
I’d love to know what you think!
Let me know if this dip appears on your Super Bowl snack table.