Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, but it definitely hasn’t always been this way. I’ve always loved to go out for breakfast, sure, but to make it myself every busy morning always felt like such a chore. Before I started the Whole 30 challenge I would just eat whatever seemed quick, like Eggo waffles or cereal. I was never concerned about what foods were necessary for an energy boost, or what would keep me satisfied for longer.
After I started the Whole 30 challenge I fell in love with breakfast and have really enjoyed making it, trying new things, and eating real food. For the past three weeks I have been focusing on real food with real ingredients, and making most things I eat from scratch. No convenient oven dinners. No fast food lunches. And I’ve never felt better.
One of the first things I tried during my Whole 30 challenge were these bacon and egg cups and they were so easy to make and deeeeeelicious. It’s an easy way to get breakfast ready for everyone in the morning, or in advance. The cups bake in the oven so you can pop them in and go get ready for the day! Bon appetit!
- 6 eggs (1 egg per cup, so adjust for the amount you want to make)
- 6 slices of sugar free bacon
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Chopped veggies and onion, or cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat the sections of a muffin tin with olive oil.
- Place the bacon strips on the sides of the muffin tin sections.
- Scramble the eggs (do not add milk if you are doing Whole 30) and pour into the bacon wrapped sections until 3/4 full.
- Optional - Add chopped veggies, onions, or grated cheese if you want.
- Top with chopped fresh chives.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are solid and no longer jiggly.
- Service immediately with hash browns or fresh fruit.
Have you made egg cups before? What would you put in yours?