Sometimes there are things we do that other human beings may not understand. Life is different when you don’t have kids, that’s just the long and short of it. And sometimes confessing our struggles, silly moments, or complete FAILS can help bring us together with other mamas who feel the exact. same. way. And we feel less alone! That is why I created a weekly Instagram chat loop called Top Knot Talk (visit our instagram page to or the hashtag #topknottalk to find out more), and that is why I love confessing things like this to you guys – because I KNOW you understand!
Without further adieu, here are some confessions from me as of late:
1) I’ve stayed up until 1 or 2 am for the last week or so just because I get time to myself to watch Modern Family, write blog posts, shop online, or even eat popcorn entirely undisturbed!
2) I’m learning how to apply makeup like a real adult! I feel like I forgot everything I ever knew when I had a baby, and makeup just hasn’t been much of a priority lately. It took me like 2 hours today (due to having to stop every few minutes to help Brynn with breakfast or getting dressed). I really hope I get quicker, or that it is less embarrassing, soon..
3) For the first time in my life I coloured my hair to cover greys and not just because I wanted a new hair colour..
4) I will crush someone’s grandmother if need be for a ticket to see Adele this Friday. I fully intend to plop Brynn in front of Paw Patrol so I can be logged in, and ready to check out.
5) I’ve taken to calling every meat ‘chicken’ so Brynn will at least TRY it without a fuss. I figure now is not the time for specifics, we can focus on those when she is older (and less mood swing-y).
6) I’ve eaten McDonalds twice in the past week because I have my period and I ‘just can’t even’. I’m not even ashamed, it was amazing. OK, I’m a little ashamed. I hadn’t eaten at McD’s for MONTHS prior. I was doing so well… Oh well. What’s done is done, now time for a run. #sickrhymez.
7) EVERYTHING even slightly emotional makes me cry lately. Everything!
Well, those are my confessions for the week. I’ll have to come up with something original for Thursday’s Top Knot Talk. A lot can happen in 3 days when you’re a mom though, am I right?
Do you have a confession like mine?? Post it in the comments below, or join in our #topknottalk on Instagram!