This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
- heavy card stock paper or a small canvas
- elmer’s glue
- sand (you can use sand from the beach or purchase from a store)
- anything else you’d like to use to embellish with – we used stickers, sea glass, sequins, and tissue paper
- First we covered our canvas in a very thin layer of glue and then covered the glue with a layer of blue tissue paper.
- Then we made designs with glue by holding the bottle in the air and gently squeezing. Play around with different designs and amounts of glue – that’s the fun of it.
- After you’ve placed the glue wherever you want it to be, all you have to do is cover it with sand.
- Afterwards, tilt the canvas over some newspaper to keep it from spilling, and remove the excess sand. The sand will cling to the glue designs you made.
- We then glued some sequins and sea glass to the picture. That is entirely up to you – use your imagination!
- Once you’ve finished gluing your sand and embellishments, set aside to dry overnight. Once it’s dry you can add stickers, or draw fish or bubbles with markers.
- Hang up your art and enjoy!
SANDY BEACH SENSORY BIN
SANDY BEACH CUPCAKES
COLOUR MATCHING SEASHELL ACTIVITY
Some other fun things you can do to have fun on a beach themed day:
- Toss a beach ball around
- Have a picnic on a blanket
- Play in the sand box and build sand castles
- Go for a swim at a local pool
You could even watch one of these movies:
Or read some of these books: