This mac + cheese recipe is SO good, truly the best I have ever had, and it is almost as easy and quick to prepare as the boxed kinds!
- 2 cups of macaroni or shell noodles (I use the whole grain kind)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 cups of skim milk
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used gouda, mozzarella and marble)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Rinse and strain.
- In a medium pot, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper, then slowly add milk.
- Stir until blended and bubbly.
- Stir in the shredded cheese until melted. Try not to eat the gooey cheese mixture as it is (this is the most difficult step!).
- Add the macaroni to the cheese sauce and stir to evenly coat the macaroni with cheese.
You can also view this recipe in my Re-play Recycled blog post here!
Have you ever made homemade mac and cheese!?