I have been needing one of these for what seems like a million years. B has so many hair clips and I can’t keep track of them anymore. I have seen adorable photos online floating around, and I thought they looked easy enough to make, so today I headed to the dollar store (Yep – I like to keep supplies inexpensive!) and picked up some supplies. I hope you like it. Please let me know if you give it a whirl, or tag me on Instagram in your photos (@usandhim)!
What You Need
- a cheap picture frame, or an antique/thrifted one
- ribbon – any colour or pattern you wish!
- glue gun + glue sticks
- Pop the back off of the frame and recycle everything but the frame. If there are metal doo-dads that keep the photo in place, remove them, they come out easily.
- Put a dab of glue on the part of the frame that will be further from the wall (so you have room to clip and un-clip when it is hung up). Place your ribbon in any direction you wish, and pull tight. Add another dab across the way where you’d like the ribbon to end.
- Continue and space evenly, in any pattern you see fit. I chose a slightly erratic, modern grouping.
When complete, it should look something like this! Simply hammer a nail into the wall (or even use a push pin) and hang it up, and add your clips. It fills up fast, and looks QUITE adorable – a little piece of art.